New Caregiver Pilot Programs

New Caregiver Pilot Programs starting Jun 18, 2019

Starting Jun 18, 2019, Canada is starting 2 new caregiver programs – Home Childcare Providers and Home Support Workers.

For the first time in Canadian immigration history, Caregivers will be given an occupation-specific work permit instead of an employer specific work permit. Caregiver’s spouse will also be given an open work permit and dependent children, study permits. No LMIA is required for the work permit if you are eligible for the program.

How do the new caregiver programs work? You can use the two-step process to work in Canada and qualify for permanent residence.


  • Valid Canadian job offer for Caregiver
  • CLB 5 language level
  • 1 year of Canadian post-secondary education or foreign equivalent
  • Admissibility

Outside of Canada Application

Step 1:

  • Submit applications for permanent residence and work or study permit(s) for yourself and your family.
  • Get an occupation-specific work permit to obtain the work experience you need for permanent residence.
  • Get work or study permits for your spouse or common-law partner and children to come with you.

Step 2:

  • Inform IRCC when you have completed 2 years of work experience and IRCC will finalize your permanent residence application.

In Canada Application

If you already have some work experience as an in-home caregiver in Canada, you can:

  • Use the 2-step process above to get the rest of the work experience you need to get permanent status


  • Keep working in Canada with your current work permit and apply for permanent residence once you have 2 years of work experience and meet the criteria

There is an annual quota of 2,750 principal applicants. We anticipate overwhelming demand for the program and the quota to be reached quite quickly. 

Please contact us via Facebook or email ( if you are interested engaging our service to apply for the New Caregiver Pilot programs.

Posted in Uncategorised and tagged , , .