Are you eligible for Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program?
Canada has a constant need for skilled workers. Below are the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
- Skilled Work experience
- At least one year (1560 hours/ 30 hours per week) continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time
- Paid work
- In the same NOC skill type (“0”, “A” or “B”)
- Within the last 10 years AND
- At skill type “0”, “A” or “B” based on the 2011 NOC
Your work experience should meet the occupational description provided in the relevant NOC to be qualified as skilled work experience.
- Language Ability
- Take a CIC approved language test (IELTS- General, CELPIP-General, TEF) AND
- Meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for each of the four sections: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
- Language tests must not be more than 2 years old on the date of PR application
- Minimum a Canadian High School Diploma
- Or a completed Foreign education credential AND an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC
- ECA report must not be more than 5 years old on the date of PR application
If you meet the above requirement, you will need to meet a minimum of 67 points based on the following 6 selection factors:
- Language Skills (English and/or French)
- Work Experience
- Whether you have a valid permanent job offer in Canada
Proof of funds
- You will also need to show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family when you first arrive in Canada unless you are
- Already working in Canada AND
- Have a valid permanent job offer
Last but not least, you are not inadmissible under Canadian immigration law.
Contact us today for a complimentary assessment if you are eligible to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence under the Federal Skilled Program.